Who am I? Click HERE to see my CV

Important!!! Use Firefox or Google Chrome to view this page. With Internet Explorer you may only visualize parts of this blog.

By Maria Zabala Peña at: englishforeso@yahoo.es or mariazabalapena@gmail.com. For ESL without photocopies go to my other blog HERE

New!! VIDEO BLOGS on English for Communications and on English for Office Applications (Computers). See links below.

English for Communications. Click HERE. By Beatriz Papaseit Fernández and myself, María Zabala Peña.
English for Office Applications (Computers). Click. HERE. By Beatriz Papaseit Fernández and myself, María Zabala Peña.

Bad Customer Service (Hotel)

Students watch a video that shows the patronizing attitude of a Hotel Manager towards clients and employees. You can donwload the video and the task HERE.  I have obtained the video from youtube.

Level: Low intermediate and higher.  Some of the questions can be answered by observing the body language of the actors, others require an intermediate understanding of oral English.
Materials:
Student's Handout. To download it, see link above

  • Student Handout
  • Teacher Handout (same as student's but contains answers) 
  • 4 minute long video
The video and the handouts can be  downloaded from this site:  HERE.
You can also  view the video online, underneath



I downloaded this video from Youtube and now I cannot find the source. If anybody knows, can you send me at e-mail at englishforeso@yahoo.es? Thanks

No comments: