Who am I? Click HERE to see my CV

Important!!! Use Firefox or Google Chrome to view this page. With Internet Explorer you may only visualize parts of this blog.

By Maria Zabala Peña at: englishforeso@yahoo.es or mariazabalapena@gmail.com. For ESL without photocopies go to my other blog HERE

New!! VIDEO BLOGS on English for Communications and on English for Office Applications (Computers). See links below.

English for Communications. Click HERE. By Beatriz Papaseit Fernández and myself, María Zabala Peña.
English for Office Applications (Computers). Click. HERE. By Beatriz Papaseit Fernández and myself, María Zabala Peña.

Why on-line translators don't work. Sentence structure using a bilingual dictionary (English-Spanish)

Aim: Understand that word for word translation does not work.
          Learn how to use a dictionary by observing the information that a dictionary provides.

Level: Students need to be able to produce sentences in the past simple to carry out this task.

Warning! This task is has been designed for Spanish speakers. 
If you are not teaching Spanish students, don't bother to download the task! 


   No photocopies needed. Just project the provided Power Point on Whiteboard 

Download the materials HERE

Sample task
Materials:
  • Power Point Presentations 
  • Teacher's Key 
Download the materials HERE

This task focuses on sentence structure. If you want to focus on meaning  you may complete this with this other task: HERE

4 comments:

Lion said...

You have to edit the translation after you have it done by an on-line translator. I sent an e-mail to one of my foreign partners, it was in Bulgarian and the translation was made by the on-line dictionary. It was awful, my partner said "I don't think that's what you meant to say".
Nonetheless on-line dictionaries are irreplaceable. They are a lot of help. Not all of them are bad and I am happy to see that the developers are improving them all the time. Thank you for the post!

Anonymous said...

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your

rss feed and I hope you write again soon!
Also see my webpage > tituloriginal.blogspot.ru

Anonymous said...

Keep functioning ,fantastic job!
Also visit my weblog Expats,

Anonymous said...

WONDERFUL Post.thanks for share..more wait .
. …

Feel free to surf to my page: link