Vocabulary: intermediate and higher.
Procedure: students read a text on advertising (provided) and identify the different techniques (Pictures of techniques provided)
Sample Techniques: human hoardings, placement, logojets, town criers, etc.
You can download all the materials by clicking HERE
These are the materials you will need:
- Images of different advertising techniques. You can use your own or use the ones I propose (download provided Power Point)
- Text on advertising techniques.
- Option 1. You can use the text on page 132, unit 10, of the textbook English for Communications (MacMillan). Text title: Ubiquitous Advertising.
- Option 2. You can use the Wikipedia entry for Advertising and use the section Adverting techniques. I have copied and pasted that section in a document. You can download it from the provided link. You may have to adapt it to the level of your students or use different reading techniques to facilitate the task. As the document is a Word document, it should be easy to modify or adapt the text according your student's needs..
This task has been created by:
- María Zabala Peña
- Beatriz Papaseit Fernández