Level: intermediate and higher
|Lead in 1|
Click here to download the materials for this task.
See below for explanation of materials for this task.
|Lead in 2|
You will need 3 items:
- Bargain Hunter's Teacher's notes by P.Vahle (PDF)
- A picture or two of a flea market. These are provided inside this post ("lead in 1" and "lead in 2") . If Internet connection is not available, you can download these very same pictures from the provided link. ( Word document: "Flea Market Lead in")
- Worksheet Bargain Hunters with all the tasks for the students by P. Vahle (PDF)
- Vocabulary Task (Word)
- Post reading task (Word)
- Cards ( 3 cards) with pictures of items students can sell. Peter Vahle proposes to bring real stuff to class so that students can sell real items (see teacher's notes) . To avoid the hassle I have created 3 pages/cards with pictures of various items. Feel free to use them as you wish. (3 Word documents: Items to sell)
- List of items included in the 3 cards above above.(Word document: list of items to sell). See for example of the items to sell in card 2 .
|Sample items to sell at the flea market.|
Materials obtained from OneStop English.
Task by Peter Vahle. Adapted by María Zabala Peña.