Who am I? Click HERE to see my CV

Important!!! Use Firefox or Google Chrome to view this page. With Internet Explorer you may only visualize parts of this blog.

By Maria Zabala Peña at: englishforeso@yahoo.es or mariazabalapena@gmail.com. For ESL without photocopies go to my other blog HERE

New!! VIDEO BLOGS on English for Communications and on English for Office Applications (Computers). See links below.

English for Communications. Click HERE. By Beatriz Papaseit Fernández and myself, María Zabala Peña.
English for Office Applications (Computers). Click. HERE. By Beatriz Papaseit Fernández and myself, María Zabala Peña.

How to read calculations. Handout.

Aim: students obtain a handout that:

  • clarifies common errors with numbers: when to use hyphen, when to use "and", when to use "nought", "zero", "nil" etc.
  •  provides examples of basic calculations including: addition,  multiplication, subtractions and powers.
To download the handout click HERE
Suggested procedure:  I have used this handout with my transport logistics students. They have read the examples on the handout and then they have calculated shipping volumes aloud. Basically, students should just say aloud whatever calculations they perform at work.

To download the handout click HERE


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey very interesting blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a little
comment to support you.

Anonymous said...

Hello, I enjoy reading all of your article post. I wanted
to write a little comment to support you.

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you writing
this post and also the rest of the website is very good.