Objective: Students read and learn about shopping in the future
Materials: the provided interactive link HERE (BBC technology)
- Ask students this question
- Elicit the following categories from the students. They will not use these words (see below) when they predict shopping habits in the future but elicit the ideas so that they can explain the words to each other afterwards: Digital changing rooms, facial recognition, contactless payment, virtual stores, 3D painting, robotic assistants, on-demand delivery (drones), smart labels, information about clients (minority report)
- Ask students to explain each category to each other
- Have students compare their definitions with the explanations provided on the web. You may want to print the explanations (this page has copyright so I can't print it and make it downloadable)
- Elicit specific vocabulary from the texts
- Ask student to imagine what the shopping experience will be like 70 or 80 years from now.