|Adapt the speed of text in telemprompter to the reading abilities of your students|
- A teleprompter (see link below), and a projector
- The text below to copy and paste into the teleprompter
Sources of texts (adapted):
- Teacher copies and pastes the text into a TELEPROMPTER.
- Teacher tells students they are going to read about hotels of the future. Students need to retain as much information as they can.
- Students work in pairs (A and B)
1. Start the teleprompter
2. A reads while B sits facing the wall.
3. Stop the teleprompter
4. A tells B what he/she has read
5. Start the teleprompter
6. B reads while A sits facing the wall
7. Stop the teleprompter
8. B tells A what he/she has read
9. Students read the whole text on the teleprompter. What information did they miss?
Click Here to access a Teleprompter
This is the text to copy and paste into the teleprompter:
TEXT FOR STUDENT A)
- . Hotels won’t be “eco-friendly” but rather fully sustainable, using solar and geothermal energy and non-toxic products to produce carbon-neutral footprints.
- There will be room keys that use facial recognition.
- Televisions will talk back.
- eals will be custom-designed, with a unique diet and nutrition menu based on an individual’s DNA.
- Customers will find touch screen surfaces everywhere.
- Bathrooms will have smart toilets that release perfume when needed and use self-sanitizing techniques.
STOP TELEPROMPTER STOP STOP TELEPROMPTER STOP STOPTELEPROMPTER STOP
TEXT FOR STUDENT B)
- There will be mirrors that stream real-time television content.
- . Forgot something? 3D printers will be able to generate items such as clothes, toiletries and even computers in real time.
- uests will have access to neuro-technology to program their dreams, choosing from a “dream theme” to relax, enhance, learn or enjoy.
- Customers will be offered wireless temperature controls that are able to automatically adjust to body temperature
- Robot butlers or concierges can be programmed with special skills, languages and information to help improve the hotel experience for guests.
- Sensors attuned to guests wishes regarding temperature, type of music, temperature of the bed…