Then, as usually, answer the questions below.
To download the text, and vocabulary go HERE
If you want to study the speech further, refer to this French Page, by Michel Barbot
Thanks to my colleague Estefena Medrano for providing me with the link to Mr. Barbot's page.
1. Martin Luther King mentions some of the most powerful moments of American history.
1.a. Do you know what these refer to?
- a great American
- Emancipation Proclamation
- Declaration of Independence
2. Martin Luther King says “This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism”
What do you understand by this sentence?
3. "And so even though we face the difficulties of today and tomorrow, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the American dream.”
You have heard this expression many times. What does it mean?
4. Martin Luther King is one of the most important icons of people fighting against injustice. Can you think of others? Explain why they are so relevant.
Questions by Isabel Salinas and myself, María Zabala Peña